Pre & Post Care
In order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding during the procedure will dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results!
- Do not work out 48 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning on your face two weeks prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements two weeks prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, microdermabrasions, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), and any chemical exfoliant or "brightening" skincare atleast 6 weeks prior (Once your brows have healed, you must avoid use of these products on forehead area procedure to prevent premature fading).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 2 months prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
- Avoid the following herbs and spices 48 hours before procedure: ginger, cinnamon, garlic, black and cayenne pepper.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
Keep the the brow area clean by using a fragrance-free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil) and water. Hands must be freshly clean . Avoid use of abrasive washcloths or sponges.
Allow eyebrows to completely dry before applying ointment (pay dry with paper towel or air dry).
Once fully dry, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor (rice size amount on each brow).
- Repeat above steps 2-3 times per day for 7-10 days after service.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 10 days.
- Avoid sweating on your face for 10 days. Sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for 10 days.
- After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels, Laser Treatments, Microdermabrasions, and/or anything to treat hyperpigmentation around the brow area once healed to prevent fading of your brow tattoo.
- Inform your MRI technician that you have had a tattoo.
Please note: Eyebrows will appear darker, bolder, and sharper due to natural scabbing and healing for the first week. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
Disclaimer: We hold the right to deny service to clients who have the following conditions.
If you have any of the following conditions please contact us immediately before scheduling to ensure you are a candidate.
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids or scarring
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin
Diagnosed conditions that are waived are required to bring a doctors note stating their approval.
After you've healed
- Brow tattoos normally last 1-3 years depending on clients lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment.
- Always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area once completely healed.
- Maintain removal of unwanted brow hair outside of your tattooed brow design by tweezing, threading, waxing, or razoring.
- Do not do laser around your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the color of the pigment.
- Additional brow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- For further sun protection wear hats and sunglasses.
- Yearly touchups are recommended to maintain your results.
- Avoid using chemical skin exfoliants on the brows and forehead area. Use of these products will cause premature fading and tattoo discoloration. Examples may include but are not limited to: Glycolic Acid, Hydroquinone, Retinol, Retin A, Vitamin C, "peels" or "brightening."
- Any service or product used to treat hyper pigmentation on the forehead and eye area should be avoided.
*** Failure to are for your cosmetic tattoo may result in your Dollistic artist refusing future services/touch ups***
Attention Please: We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their Microblading appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of Vacations, Weddings, and Special Occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your Initial Microblading Appointment as well as a Touch-Up Enhancement Session 8-12 Weeks prior. To have perfect brows it is a multi step process. Dream brows cannot be achieved in just one session. Some clients need more than two sessions to achieve their desire density and shape.
***There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not follow the above pre and post care instructions!***